Sunday 30 March 2014

March 2014


Yes we are one quarter into the year. 

On Wednesday afternoons I finish school early. I often like to wonder over to Albert Park and spend an hour or two at the bookstore looking through every book that has a pretty cover. Two weeks ago I found myself taking photos of a book by Nick Hornby, the title; Stuff I've Been Reading. It was actually quite and interesting and unique concept for a book. The title pages consisted of the months and then a list of books he bought, books he read and movies he watched. I liked that idea of recording those insignificant events in a journal. Further on he wrote about them individually and what he learnt/thought, pretty much like a diary. I started doing my own around the same time I wanted to start a blog so I thought that'd be a great regular blog post. So here it is - March 2014. 


This page for the month lists movies I watched, books I read and songs I enjoyed. I also added one of my favourite Instagram photos (from my account) and 4 favourite Instagram photos from the people I follow. 

I watched two movies this month which is pretty common for me while juggling school. 

About Time is just a sweet and oh so funny rom com starring Rachael McAdams (of course!) I loved the scenery of London and the whole time travel aspect of the movie gave me a more grateful outlook on life. It isn't the best movie I've seen but I loved it for the warm fuzzy feeling it gave me. 

Favourite quote from About Time - Lesson Number One: All the time traveling in the world can't make someone love you.

Mr Morgans Last Love (or Last Love) - I watched the first 20 minutes of this movie on a plane to Brisbane this 
month and then the rest when I got home. Michael Caine stars in Last Love with a french actress Clemence Poesy. The movie is set in Paris and is about a life-changing connection between a retired and widowed American philosophy professor (Michael Caine) and a young Parisian woman (Clemence Poesy). This is one of my favourite movies ever and I can imagine watching it as the days get colder and I spend more time in bed. 

Favourite quote from Last Love - Will you order maybe in French for some practice? - Not if you're hungry. 

Two of the books I enjoyed reading this month were not novels. Humans of New York is a photographer/blogger that has complied all his work into a stunning 300+ hardcover. 
http://www.humansofnewyork.com - his blog 
http://www.bookdepository.com/Humans-New-York-Brandon-Stanton/9781250038821- buy his book

The Hole by Oyvind Torseter is a picture book for kids that made me laugh out loud in the book store. I of course picked it up because the grey cover and simple yellow spine caught my attention from a mile away, but once opening the book I couldn't put it down. I had to buy it. 

That's all for now, I'll list the four instagrams I loved this month underneath and stay tuned for up coming posts! 
@alovelylittlelife
@lucindaeverist
@minimegadesign
@kirrajamison



No comments:

Post a Comment